ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Welcome to the third Tareque Masud Short Film Competition. Below, you'll find the terms and conditions of the competition, with all important information you need to know, like when you need to submit your entry, what format it needs to be in and what length it should be. This competition is organized by Tareque Masud Memorial Trust to encourage the young filmmakers of Bangladesh.
Who can enter?
Anyone who is a resident of Bangladesh and aged between 16 to 25 years may enter.
The theme of the competition is 'JUSTICE IS MY RIGHT' (Nay Bichar Amar Odhikar). Justice is our civil right. We fight for justice -- on a personal and societal level; and on the national and global stage. We demand a transparent, ethical and impartial justice. For this year's short film competition we look forward to your creative ideas on this struggle for justice and rights. It could be either fiction, documentary or animation.
How long can it be?
Total running time for each Film must be 10 minutes or less, including titles and credits.
• Entrants must submit their entries in one of the following formats (data disc):
MOV / AVI
• One person/group can submit only one film.
• 2 passport size photograph
• A copy of birth or SSC certificate/national ID card/ Passport for verification.
Tareque Masud Memorial Trust, Siza Court (B-2), 152 Monihar Road, Monipuri Para, Dhaka-1215. You can either courier or submit in person.
All entries must be received by TMMT no later than 3 pm Sunday, 31 January 2016. Late or incomplete entries will be rejected. TMMT cannot guarantee the return of entry material so entrants are strongly advised not to send original copies of the content.
TMMT reserves the right:
• not to publish or distribute your Content.
• to edit your content for the purpose of promoting the Competition.
You represent, warrant and agree that:
• you are the owner of all the rights in the Content (including but not limited to the Film) and there are no disputes regarding ownership of the Content and you have the full authority to submit the Content.
• you are entitled to grant to TMMT the rights set out in the above license.
• be produced earlier than July 1, 2014.
• be defamatory, abusive or offensive
• infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party.
• constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party.
• advertise, promote or endorse any products or services.
• adversely affect the reputation of TMMT.
• be false or misleading or omit information that should be disclosed by you or.
• contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You have not entered into, nor will you enter into, any agreement or arrangement which could conflict with your obligations TMMT under these terms and conditions.
• First prize winner will be awarded with Tareque Masud Young Filmmaker’s Award.
• Two- special mention.
# First prize winner can take any two BMM basic courses within 2016 at Pathshala (South Asian Media Institute).
# Next two special mentions can take one BMM basic course within 2016 at Pathshala (South Asian Media Institute).
• First 10 films will receive a certificate and will be screened during the upcoming Tareque Masud Utshab, at Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy.
Entries will be judged by the representatives from the TMMT and professionals from the film and media industries, who will comprise the judging panel. Judges will assess each entry against the following three criteria:
• Good attention to craft and technical execution.
• Relevance to the theme.
The judges' decisions in all matters are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If there is no reply from the email address or phone number provided by the applicant, then the film will not be shortlisted for the final screening.
TMMT accepts no responsibility for lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications. TMMT reserves the right at its sole discretion to:
• cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or.
• amend these terms and conditions where reasonably necessary.
• after submission film, form and related documents will not be returned.
By entering the Competition, you give TMMT permission to contact you from time to time with essential updates about the Competition and, of course, contact you if you've been selected for final screening.